FIND A PROPERTY
9/24 Springvale Road
Date Available: Mon 15th o f Apr
5/44 Whitehorse Road
Date Available: Sat 16th o f Mar
4/3 Howard Street
Date Available: Wed 27th o f Mar
501/45 Claremont Street
Date Available: Sun 17th o f Mar
3/386 Elgar Road
Date Available: Tue 12th o f Mar
4/31 Rangeview Grove
Date Available: Tue 20th o f Feb
249A Belmore Road
23 Lexton Road
Box Hill North
Our Property Management Department at Ham Kerr can help you find the right property to rent.
Before starting your search for a rental property, consider the following:
- Agree on your budget – decide how much can you afford to pay in rent.
- Choose your preferred location – do you need public transport nearby, proximity to schools, shops, amenities, or access to main roads, parking availability, etc?
- Determine what kind of property you want – a new or old home, an apartment, unit and consider how many bedrooms/bathrooms you require.
I WANT TO APPLY FOR A PROPERTY
Once you have found the property you like, register your interest by booking an inspection through our website.
Please ensure you provide us with all required references and complete the Privacy Statement, which is required under the Privacy Act 1988. Please note that we cannot process your application if this is not done. All applications are processed and submitted to the owner for consideration. A decision on an application usually takes 24 hours and is at the absolute discretion of the landlord. Upon acceptance of your application, you will be contacted by our Property Management Department and sent a Letter of Offer outlining the leasing process.
Appointments need to be booked in advance to enable our Property Management Department to spend quality time with you.
Please contact our department on 03 9830 0990 or email your property manager to make an appointment to discuss matters relating to your tenancy. Tenancy advice is not provided over the phone and all requests, other than urgent repairs, need to be submitted to the office in writing. For further renting information, please download a copy of Consumer Affairs ‘Renting a Home’ Guide.
NEED AN URGENT REPAIR?
In accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act 1997, an urgent repair is defined as:
- Burst water service.
- Blocked or broken toilet system.
- Serious roof leak.
- Gas leak.
- Dangerous electrical fault.
- Flooding or serious flood damage.
- Storm or fire damage.
- An essential service or appliance for hot water, water, cooking, heating, or laundering is not working.
- The gas, electricity or water supply is not working.
- A cooling appliance or service provided by the rental provider is not working.
- The property does not meet minimum standards.
- A safety-related device, such as a smoke alarm or pool fence, is not working.
- An appliance, fitting or fixture that is not working and causes water wastage.
- Any fault or damage in the property that makes it unsafe or insecure, including pests, mould or damp caused by or related to the building structure.
- A serious problem with a lift or staircase.
Please contact the Property Management Department on 03 9830 0990 if you have any emergency repairs during business hours or via email to your property manager, so a prompt action can be taken.
For any emergency repairs after hours, after-hours emergency contacts are available.
After Hours Emegency Contacts:
|Hames Reid Master Plumbers
|03 9853 3699
|0419 116 388
|Circuitech Electrical Solutions
|0411 098 825
|Electrical Services Melbourne
|0412 448 157
|Kon the Locksmith
|0412 558 850
|1300 734 584
|0418 369 294
|J&E Total Maintenance Services
|0407 546 919
|0419 337 527
Should you require the services of the State Emergency Services (SES) they can be contacted on 132 500.
In an Emergency such as fire, call 000 immediately.
It is important to understand that should you engage any of these trades people after hours and if the work is not deemed to be an urgent repair, you may be liable to pay for the callout and these repairs.
NEED A NON-URGENT REPAIR?
You must inform our office via email about any maintenance issues that do not fall into the urgent repair category above, as soon as you become aware. When you email us, please ensure you provide a detailed and accurate description of the problem and include photos, if possible. This will help us determine the best action to take and we can seek instructions from your Rental Provider.
Please do not contact any tradespeople directly regarding non-urgent repairs.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU WISH TO VACATE YOUR PROPERTY?
Your notice to vacate must be no less than 28 days, and if you are currently on a fixed term lease the 28th day must fall after the expiration of the agreement.
Your notice to vacate must be received in writing, via email, and must include the property address and the names of all renters. The notice is taken from the next business day the notice is received by this office.
Your Property Manager will confirm receipt of this notice by return email and send you further information regarding the vacating process.
If you not hear from us within 48 hours, please call 03 9830 0990 to ensure your notice has been received. Rent is payable up to your vacating date and until the keys are returned to our office.