What is un urgent repair?
In accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act 1997, an urgent repair is defined as:
- Burst water service
- Blocked or broken toilet system
- Serious roof leak
- Gas leak
- Dangerous electrical fault
- Flooding or serious flood damage
- Serious storm or fire damage
- An essential service or appliance for hot water, water, cooking, heating, or laundering is not working
- The gas, electricity or water supply is not working
- A cooling appliance or service provided by the rental provider is not working
- The property does not meet minimum standards
- A safety-related device, such as a smoke alarm or pool fence, is not working
- An appliance, fitting or fixture that is not working and causes a lot of water to be wasted
- Any fault or damage in the property that makes it unsafe or insecure, including pests, mould or damp caused by or related to the building structure.
- A serious problem with a lift or staircase.
Please contact the Property Management Department if you have any emergency repairs during business hours on
03 9830 0990 or via email to your property manager, so prompt action can be taken.
For any emergency repairs that need to be attended to after hours, please call the after-hours emergency contacts.
Where you cannot contact a member of staff at Ham Kerr Property regarding urgent maintenance you must only contact the prescribed list of approved trades people listed below.
After Hours Emegency Contacts:
|Hames Reid Master Plumbers
|03 9853 3699
|Circuit Electrical Solutions
|0411 098 825
|Electrical Services Melbourne
|0412 448 157
|Kon the Locksmith
|0411 098 825
|1300 734 584
|0418 369 294
|0407 546 919
Should you require the services of the State Emergency Services (SES) they can be contacted on 132 500.
In an Emergency such as fire, call 000 immediately.
It is important to understand that should you engage any of these trades people after hours and if the work is not deemed to be an urgent repair, you may be liable to pay for the callout and these repairs.
You must inform our office via email about any maintenance issues that do not fall into the urgent repair category above, as soon as you become aware. Please ensure, when you email us, that you provide a detailed and accurate description and include photos, if possible. This will help us in determining the best cause of action to take and we can seek instructions from your Rental Provider.
Please do not contact any tradespeople directly regarding non urgent repairs.
What to do if you wish to vacate your property?
Your notice to vacate must be no less than 28 days and if you are currently on a fixed term lease the 28th day must fall after the expiration of the agreement.
Your notice to vacate must be received in writing, via email, and has to include the property address and the names of all renters. The notice is taken from the next business day the notice is received by this office.
Your Property Manager will confirm receipt of this notice by return email and send you further information regarding the vacating process.
Should you not hear from us within 48 hours, please contact us on 03 9830 0990 to ensure your notice has been received. Rent is payable up to your vacating date and until the keys are returned to our office.